TripLog for Accountants is a set of features within TripLog Web Dashboard designed for use by accountants to easily keep track of their client’s business mileage and transactions. The goal of this article is to provide a step-by-step guide for setting up and mastering the TripLog for Accountants features.
Before setting up TripLog for accountants, you will need to sign up for an account with TripLog. If you do not already have an account with TripLog, please click here to register an account.
Setup for Accountants
If you are an accountant who wants to keep track of your client’s business mileage and transactions using TripLog, please first register an account with TripLog if you have not already done so, then follow these instructions:
2. Once there, please click ‘TripLog for Accountants’ in the top right corner. You should then see the following pop-up:
3. Click ‘Invite Clients’
4. Enter your client’s first name, last name, and email address in the appropriate fields
5. If you would like to send a custom subject line and email content to your client to explain why you want them to use TripLog for Accountants, you may do so by entering the subject line and content in the circled fields below:
6. Press ‘Send Invite’ to invite the client to TripLog
7. Upon receiving the email, the client will be presented with a link to register a new TripLog account (or log in to TripLog if they already have an account)
8. By clicking the ‘ACCEPT’ or ‘Login’ buttons, the client will be prompted to register or log in to connect their TripLog account with your account and enable the TripLog for Accountants features. They should see the yellow banner on this page as shown in the screenshot